Brick Lane is looking for an Associate on its Asset Management team to perform a wide array of real estate financial and portfolio analyses, with an emphasis on a fast-growing cash flow portfolio of value-add multifamily assets. Primary responsibilities include creating and analyzing detailed financial spreadsheets, participating in monthly financial review and investor reporting processes, reporting and tracking operational and financial performance of the portfolio, identifying and researching value add opportunities and tracking through implementation, conducting market research and analysis, coordination and completion of annual budget and business plan processes as well as working with the Asset Management and Acquisitions teams on underwriting and due diligence review of new investment opportunities.
The Associate is a critical thinker who can analyze facts from multiple perspectives and develop fact-based recommendations through underwriting, modeling and research; a self-starter who can identify and solve issues that will make each property and the company become more efficient and profitable; a team player who can tackle tasks big and small. There is potential for advancement and applicants should be flexible and eager to learn.
- Perform complex financial analyses including cash flow projections, valuation models, and sensitivity analyses in Excel.
- Assist in all aspects of portfolio operations including property management activities, monitoring operational performance and formulating long term asset plans and strategies.
- Assist with the development and execution of property level strategic business plans and budgets.
- Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations.
- Create, manage, and update reports, project budgets, business plans, schedules, and cash flow projections.
- Create, manage and update operational tracking schedules and performance metrics across the portfolio.
- Participate in the asset management of existing properties including market research, leasing, value add implementation, property sales, budgeting, and administration.
- Respond and follow through to requests for information and communicate with all levels of management with minimal supervision.
- Liaise with site managers, regional directors, brokers, attorneys, lenders, government officials, architects, engineers, and vendors.
- Undertake comprehensive due diligence responsibilities on new acquisitions, through transition/closing and onboarding.
- Identify and analyze development, legal, environmental and zoning regulations related to new projects.
- Continually develop, enhance and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in commercial real estate, investment banking, or other real estate asset management or capital markets function.
- Four-year college degree with a major in business, finance, economics, accounting, engineering or mathematics.
- Working knowledge of real estate valuation and financial modeling, including ability to create cash flow models from scratch.
- Ability to read and interpret basic property financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and ledgers.
- Advanced understanding and demonstrated proficiency in Excel. A case study may be given to finalist candidates to measure Excel modeling aptitude.
About Brick Lane (bricklanedc.com)
Brick Lane is a real estate development and investment firm that was established in 2010 to capitalize on the strength and expansion of the Mid-Atlantic multi-housing and condominium markets. Brick Lane and its construction affiliate, ReVite Construction, have acquired, delivered or are under development on more than 1.7 million sf of apartment and mixed-use projects in Washington DC., Virginia and Maryland.
In addition to developing mixed-use projects around the DC Metropolitan area, Brick Lane actively searches for stabilized apartment building acquisitions in the Mid-Atlantic in markets with strong, diversified economies and healthy tenant bases. The Company utilizes its broad network of operators, brokers, investors and service providers to identify off-market or overlooked opportunities that will generate superior risk-adjusted returns.
All of Brick Lane’s existing and previously owned properties outperformed underwritten projections. In addition to delivering strong returns to its investors, Brick Lane prides itself on working with neighborhoods and communities to improve the streetscape aesthetics.
The Brick Lane platform derives its competitive advantage from a unique combination of skill sets, licenses and experience among the principals. The Brick Lane principals have more than 40 years of combined real estate experience across multiple disciplines including asset management, property management, development, general contracting, investment banking, private equity, special servicing, brokerage and accounting.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.