This is responsible administrative, supervisory and technical level work overseeing the building systems, maintenance, renovations, repair, security and custodial care of the Municipal Services Center, City Hall, City Hall Annex, appurtenances and other assigned City Facilities. Work includes serving as the designated building authority for assigned facilities; coordinating the preparation and adoption of plans, consultant contracts and technical reviews to address various facility needs; providing recommendations regarding facility projects and requirements to senior staff; planning, organizing, and assigning the work of technical employees, consultants and in-house staff engaged in projects, space planning, maintenance, custodial, security, and technological improvements; and conducting the selection, placement, promotion, training, safety, appraisal, and discipline of subordinate employees. Work requires the exercise of considerable judgment, decision making, control and follow-up, tact and discretion when developing and controlling operating budgets, and dealing with municipal officials, builders, developers, contractors, and department managers, other city staff and visitors to the facilities.
Salary: $66,433 - $102,781
Close Date: 10-23-2020 (11:59 PM DST)
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Possess a valid Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in construction, management, architecture, or engineering with considerable progressive responsibility in building management –or- an equivalent combination of advanced technical training, education and considerable progressive experience in building management may be considered.
- Possess and continue to maintain a valid Driver License.
- Have considerable knowledge of the techniques, materials and methods involved in building maintenance and repair trades to include electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Have considerable progressive responsibility in a supervisory role in direct supervision of crews that support/maintain commercial infrastructure.
- Have progressive experience with facilities maintenance, rehabilitation and repair, project management, and design and construction facility project management.
- Have experience in developing labor & material cost estimates for major maintenance projects and planned utility outages.
- Have advanced skills in the operation of a personal computer used for managing record keeping, document preparation, research and email correspondence.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
Desirable Qualifications. Preferred Applicants:
- Possess a valid General Contractor’s License.
- Have considerable knowledge of the methods, techniques, tools and materials used in a variety of building maintenance and repair trades.
- Have experience in contractor oversight, contract management, and statement of work generation.
- Have some knowledge of the principles and practices of City planning, zoning, environmental assessment, and construction and building codes.
- Have some knowledge of Local, Federal, and State government organizations.
- Are able to efficiently analyze complex sets of facts, exercise sound judgment and arrive at valid conclusions in a fast-paced environment.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For purposes of employment, re-employment, promotion, transfer or demotion, the most qualified applicants will be selected to continue in the hiring process. At this point, any prior criminal records will be verified. A prior criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
The City of St. Petersburg is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams.
Apply online at - Select Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The City of St. Petersburg is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified service members/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain service members/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.