Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Negotiate, implement and manage vendor contracts for commercial property management services including bidding, selection, and on-boarding.
- Provide oversight and management of asset preventive maintenance.
- Coordinate and communicate with Construction Management division on capital improvement projects.
- Provide building oversight to verify that property standards are maintained on a regular basis.
- Assist with preparation of financial reporting, including budgets, asset descriptions, variance reports, and updating property information sheets.
- Review and approve invoices and expenditures to be in line with approved operational and capital budgets.
- Work with tenant base to communicate terms of services; coordinate tenant events; provide complaint resolution; handle move in/move out requests.
- Utilize industry benchmarks given by others to support property decisions and achieve operational goals.
- Interact with the Asset Manager to ensure the portfolio buildings are maintained in accordance with the approved operating plan and budgets.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 6 years of significant experience in commercial property management or real estate development (preferably with office, and R&D buildings).
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, including an ability to quickly learn specific property management software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills - requires ability to prioritize and manage responsibilities across multiple properties with various internal and external constituents.
- Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills such as that he/she deals successfully with personnel on all levels in the organization and relates well to contacts outside the organization.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously through self-motivation, high energy, flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
- Takes independent actions, is proactive, and looks for ways to improve quality.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ownership-type qualities.
- Provides follow-through, deductive reasoning, intellectual curiosity, and a bias for action.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.