BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is The Leading Provider of Real Estate Solutions to the Life Science Community®. We are looking for an experienced Director of Property Management to oversee a property management team responsible for ongoing, day-to-day real estate operations.RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director will be responsible for providing oversight, management, and financial performance to a portfolio of laboratory and office properties in the San Francisco bay area. The Director will be responsible for tenant relations as well as provide leadership to a property management team and will collaborate with all company functions including facilities, finance, accounting, leasing and development.
- BA/BS in business, economics, or related field required; MBA desirable
- Certification in asset or property management a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive real estate asset management experience
- Experience in a management position with life science and/or laboratory facilities properties preferred
- Must possess a track record of success in real estate operations management, tenant and vendor relations, property and building maintenance, planning and budgeting
- Experience should also include performing due diligence in the sale or acquisition process
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles and the ability to forecast and prepare budgets and reports summarizing the financial, operating, capital, leasing and vacancy performance data
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agencies, vendors, contractors, co-workers and tenants
- Requires a working knowledge of lease administration, real estate law and the ability to accurately interpret terms and conditions of contracts, proposals, and leases and interface effectively with tenants and vendors to facilitate conformance, schedules, improvements and operational efficiencies
- Requires senior-level negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with senior management
- Ability to convey technical information orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to take detailed notes and to write effective communications to tenants, vendors, suppliers, and contracted firms
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations and to present alternative solutions, cost/benefit analyses and recommendations
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal company staff and external constituents of the company.
- Experience with project management software/tools helpful
- Must be organized, task and detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines
- Must be able to adapt readily to change and competing priorities
- Asset Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.