Asset Management, Associate – Los Angeles Office
Clarion Partners, an SEC registered investment adviser with FCA-authorized and FINRA member affiliates, has been a leading U.S. real estate investment manager for more than 37 years. Headquartered in New York, the firm has offices in major markets throughout the U.S. and Europe. With over $50 billion in total assets under management, Clarion Partners offers a broad range of both debt and equity real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum to its more than 350 domestic and international institutional investors.
The Asset Management Associate will support a portfolio comprised of office assets primarily in Washington and California.
- Primary responsibilities will include assisting with asset management duties including due diligence for new acquisitions; financial modeling (Argus and excel based analyses); client reporting; property valuation analysis; lease negotiations and analysis and special projects.
- Work directly with the acquisitions and portfolio management teams on underwriting new investments.
- Assist with financing and disposition transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of Preliminary and Final Investment Memoranda to the firm's Investment Committee.
- Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client reports.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios.
- Maintain property valuation files including detailed review of 3rd party appraisals and related property information.
- Organize the preparation and review of annual property operating budgets and business plans.
- Leadership role with regular operations, leasing and market discussions with property teams and industry professionals.
- Key role with analyzing lease transactions and negotiating new leases.
- Ensure assets are being operated in a manner consistent with third-party management agreements, joint-venture operating agreements, loan documents, etc.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling – experience with Argus strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
- Undergrad degree in top 10% of class; with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- 3-4 years’ experience, preferably in real estate Asset Management.
- Prior experience with analyzing and negotiating lease transactions.
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
- Interest in and knowledge of office real estate.
- Ability to interface professionally with individuals throughout various departments in the firm (acquisitions, asset management, finance, portfolio management, marketing and research) as well as third party firms, partners and industry leaders.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.