The Northeast Region consists of approximately 8.7M RSF of managed real estate located throughout ten states in the northeast United States. The portfolio consists of NNN/tenant managed assets and full-service managed assets. A portion of the assets are third party managed with RMR oversight.
The Regional Vice President (RVP) manages and enhances the portfolio value of commercial office properties including office, industrial and flex through expertise in property management oversight, leasing, tenant relations, development and expansion of the portfolio. The RVP is considered the authority and market expert on his/her region and individual properties and is expected to have a vision and complete understanding of the region s business plan and the economic impact on regional market conditions. The RVP is responsible for maintaining a partnership and collaborative environment with Human Resources, Asset Management, Acquisition/Disposition officers and Legal to support the execution of leases, contracts, due diligence, staffing and other activities as required to move the business forward.
The RVP should be highly visible in their markets, well respected in the real estate community, leverage their contacts and networks and act as the face of RMR Real Estate Services for the region. Additionally, the RVP plays a primary role in coaching, mentoring and developing their direct reports to support success in their current role and ready them for future roles.
Strategy, Planning, and Operations:
- Provide input and intelligence through the senior management chain that supports the development of the Real Estate Services strategic long and short-term plans.
- Implement total quality management (TQM) which is a region-wide effort to instill a climate in which your organization continuously improves its ability to deliver high-quality products and services to our clients and customers.
- Align regional operations to support annual operating plans and measure the region s progress against plans; specifically, administer and oversee daily property operations, capital projects and tenant improvement work.
- Develop operating and capital budgets.
- Assist Asset Management with strategic business plans for the region.
- Support SVPs in the preparation of quarterly meetings with the Real Estate Services President and EVP to review progress against operating and strategic plans.
- Support annual budgeting and reforecast efforts; ensure the region is following standards that drive accuracy in data collections and operations, including conducting quarterly budget analysis and re-projections.
- Oversee the completion and analysis of all monthly reporting packages.
- Analyze highest and best use of current sites. Make recommendations to senior management to enhance value via leasing or development.
- Identify acquisition and expansion opportunities.
- Implement corporate procedures and guidelines.
- Oversee development and redevelopment projects as requested by the redevelopment team.
- Build, cultivate and foster local relations with tenants and brokers. Be the face of RMR Real Estate Services in your markets.
- Establish marketing initiatives, tenant relations and retention programs.
- Prepare lease deal analysis for value add and best use of owned properties.
- Oversee broker relationships and work on leasing, including new deals, renewals, extensions, expansions and coordinate leasing efforts with Asset Management and outside brokers.
- Oversee tenant collection and other litigation and coordinate these efforts with internal General Counsel.
- Ensure the region fully complies and executes on brand standards and expectations.
- Ensure all offices and staff reflect RMR Real Estate Services standards of professionalism. Measure the region s execution of brand through their operations.
- Ensure development of staff that can reflect RMR Real Estate Services standard of professionalism in all interactions.
- Manage performance, coach and mentor members of the management team (specifically Area Directors, Construction Managers,
- Fiscal Operations Manager, Leasing Managers and assigned Engineering Management).
- Provide the leadership required to allow the team to perform at a high level.
- Partner with the President, SVPs and Human Resources to support initiatives to develop managers at every level of the organization.
- Partner with the President, SVPs, and Human Resources to support a Real Estate Services onboarding program that ensures the successful training and transition of new hires.
- Provide input to build workforce plans that include innovative hiring for roles that have been difficult to attract top talent.
- Hire appropriate talent to meet building complexities and deal with tenant sophistication.
- Work directly with Human Resources on performance improvement issues to ensure fair resolution for the employee and the firm.
- Bachelor s degree required; MBA a plus.
- Broker s license a plus.
- 10 years experience of increasing responsibility in commercial real estate including leasing and operations.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Excellent client service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative and results driven environment.
- Strong proficiency with Property Management/Accounting Software (preferably Yardi and Argus Enterprise), Excel and other Windows applications.
- Will be required to perform off site duties through the use of a personal vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver s license.
- If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job (e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of your employment.
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company, and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate operating companies. As of March 31, 2019, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $30.0 billion of total assets under management, including more than 1,500 properties, and employed almost 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; and the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had over 50,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.