THE D.L. SAUNDERS REAL ESTATE CORPORATION, a real estate company based out of Boston, MA is looking for an experienced Senior Property Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
- 4-year college degree (B.A., B.S., or B.B.A.) required.
- IREM CPM or BOMI RPA designation a MUST.
- Highly transparent, ethical and driven.
- Detail oriented, creative self-starter and team player willing to go above and beyond on a regular basis.
- Ability to work long hours in fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong, performance-driven management experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees to produce high-quality work product within tight time-frames, while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Ability to comprehend lease documents.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) required.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Overseeing the Property Management department and team and a 500,000 SF mixed-use portfolio including several multi-tenants, first class, historic, commercial properties with high-end retail stores and parking in Back Bay of Boston, three multi-tenant apartment buildings composed of 32 apartments which include parking in Brookline and one commercial property in Providence, RI;
The day-to-day operations and management of two properties: the historic Armory of The First Corps of Cadets, which presently contains both a long term 20,000 SF Tenant, The Tower that operates a highly successful event venue and function space, and a 20,000 SF Exhibition and Event Hall called Saunders Castle and The Saunders Building at 20 Park Plaza an office/retail complex; and project management including leading, directing and taking full responsibility for supervising contractors, repairs, capital improvements, tenant build-outs and managing start dates, budgets and completion dates for all; and coordinating with various team members to accomplish timely results.
The Senior Property Manager will also report to the Chairman & CEO and/or the Executive Vice President in conjunction with the Senior Management Team, assuring a coordinated effort in implementing strategies to maximize company and portfolio performance.
- Drive the overall success of the commercial properties.
- Identify, create and prioritize objectives and oversee their implementation.
- Present to the Senior Management team all critical business decisions, major deviations from plans, and potential revisions to key operating strategies/guidelines; obtain agreement on preferred approach and execute decision.
- Institutionalize company operating strategies, plans and procedures.
- Establish policies that promote company vision and culture.
- Actively participate in budgeting, capital planning, staffing and recruiting.
- Manage staff consisting of property managers, building maintenance and engineering staff, building security staff, administrative assistants and other support staff within the property management department.
- Resolve all day-to-day property management issues.
- Ensure tenant compliance with lease agreements.
- Manage internal and external vendors to address tenant repair and maintenance issues.
- Prepare annual operating and CAM budget for all properties.
- Review, approve and code all property-level expenses, distinguish between CAM and non-CAM expenses.
- Monitor the billing and collection of monthly invoicing to tenants including CAM billings, taxes, insurance and percentage rent.
- Complete annual bench-marking for commercial properties.
- Review monthly financial reports, annual operating budgets and CAM reconciliations.
- Responds to after-hour property or tenant emergency calls.
- Abstract all leases and understand major clauses affecting the operation and income of the property.
- Handles new tenant move-ins and coordinates with tenants as necessary.
- Responsible for executing the on-boarding process of new properties and tenants.
- Bid, negotiate and implement service contracts with all 3rd party vendors including landscaping, security, janitorial, snow removal, etc.
- Monitor all commercial delinquencies throughout portfolio, payment arrangements.
- Coordinate all fire alarm, annual fire drill, sprinkler & property inspections, backflow, elevator inspections, annually.
- Renew all property licenses.
- Resolve all violations.
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job