More specific duties will include:
- Responsible for the operation and investment performance of multiple assets within the Office and Industrial portfolio in British Columbia.
- Develop comprehensive asset strategies to include: construction and development, leasing, property improvements, capital structure and hold/sell analysis based upon financial analysis, market analysis and valuation reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of Investment Memorandums for Senior Management and/or Investment Committee as they relate to lease approvals, capital spend or
- Together with Regional operating leads and property managers, review monthly leasing, expense and capital reports and recommend changes to operations where needed.
- Provide financial and investment oversight at the property and portfolio level to ensure the economic viability of the properties and manage risk
- Interact with brokerage community and stay current on local market dynamics to help understand competitive positioning relative to market rents, lease terms and overall occupancy; monitor market trends in value, cost and supply / demand fundamentals working with Research.
- Coordinate quarterly updates on investment performance to include progress on strategic initiatives and comparison to budget and development underwriting
- Work with team members on major leasing and capital upgrade plans, property acquisitions and dispositions and developments.
- Promote strong and positive communication with QuadReal Property Managers, and Leasing and Development personnel.
- Assist with professional development, training and mentoring of other team members
- Regular travel to assets to meet with onsite teams
- Education – University undergraduate degree, preferably in Commerce or Business Administration with Real Estate or Finance specialization; or a Real Estate focused graduate degree. CFA, MBA considered an asset.
- Experience – 15 years+ of progressive institutional level asset/investment management experience, preferably in Canada, across multi asset portfolios. Experience in different real estate asset classes is preferred, knowledge of the office and industrial real estate market in BC considered an asset.
- Track record - Successful record of accomplishment and demonstrated experience in analyzing complex real estate investment issues, developing asset management plans, and executing on those strategies and plans to achieve intended objectives and manage risk. Comfortable and effective in a high growth, fast-paced and fluid environment, able to shift priorities and adapt.
- Analytical - Strong analytic and real estate finance skills; deep understanding of real estate investment KPI’s and proficiency in the application of financial modelling, discounted cash flow and valuation techniques to analyse investments and measure performance.
- Communication – Superior communication and presentation skills; demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results that articulate key themes and messages to a senior audience.
- Relationship - Very effective interpersonal skills and ability to lead, motivate and influence others within a peer-to-peer environment. Sees the value of and can build collaborative relationships with internal teams from various backgrounds and across functional areas to achieve goals. Has a Team-first attitude and is able to share and learn across functions.
- Critical thinking - Superior ability to conceive, shape and execute sound action plans to achieve objectives. An excellent critical thinker with strong attention to detail yet also able to see the bigger picture.
- Values – Embrace and pro-actively support QuadReal’s values and its culture of environmental sustainability and corporate and social responsibility.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company. QuadReal manages the real estate and mortgage programs of British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), one of Canada’s largest asset managers with a $153.4 billion portfolio.
QuadReal manages a $37.6 billion portfolio spanning 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. The company seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
More than 15 years