Systima Capital Management (“Systima”) is a Chicago-based alternative investment manager focused on credit investments in the affordable housing real estate and mortgage markets. Systima manages assets on behalf of institutional investors including a U.S. pension plan and various family offices and foundations. Systima is experiencing dynamic growth and looking to add top tier talent.
The Analyst will support the overall origination and underwriting process for affordable multifamily housing. The Analyst will work independently and report to the Portfolio Manager/Director of Risk Management and Vice President of Investments. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Evaluating investment opportunities
- Perform extensive due diligence, underwriting, and financial modeling
- Assist with market research on new debt opportunities
- Underwrite, under tight time constraints, multifamily debt, securitizations, B-Notes, and preferred equity.
- Prepare Investment Committee Memos to highlight credit strengths and risks pertaining to transactions, including loan structure, cash flow, valuation and market information.
- Assist with deal closings and transition to asset management.
- Assist with asset management, including financial statement analysis, investor reporting and perform site inspections.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and create presentations as requested by senior management and/or investors.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related field.
- Previous experience in real estate investment banking, hedge fund, or private equity preferred.
- 1- 4 years’ experience in underwriting multifamily housing.
- Experience in affordable housing, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits (“LIHTC”), Project Based Section 8/HAP Contracts and Government Sponsored Entities (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) affordable housing loan programs preferred, but not required.
- Advanced financial modeling skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi-task and focus on delivering results.
- Ability to work independently, think critically and solve problems.
- Strong technical skills, sharp intellect; analytical and logical.
- Highly effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Systima Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job