Our company is a privately owned real estate company with holdings in 10 states. The company is innovative, entrepreneurial and consistently seeking new investment opportunities. Our vision — like our history — is long-term. We invest our talent, energy and resources with creative insight which has allowed us to grow and give back to the community for over 60 years.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be based in San Francisco, California. The role encompasses various responsibilities including elements of financial underwriting, analysis and valuing properties for acquisition, disposition or other commonly encountered real estate scenarios. Candidates must be self-starters and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Build from scratch, modify and maintain financial valuation models in both Excel and Argus Enterprise for potential acquisition opportunities;
- Perform financial analysis on different real estate scenarios that arise through the course of business, such as selling, redeveloping or refinancing properties;
- Build financial models for the entire portfolio of properties in Argus and update it regularly to maintain an up to date valuation model for the company’s holdings;
- In addition to financial modeling, actively participate in potential acquisition opportunities by reviewing offering memorandums, communicating with brokers and other third party individuals to better understand the investment and have an active role in due diligence should the deal move forward;
- Prepare memorandums that highlight the financial performance, key metrics, strengths, weaknesses and risks of potential acquisitions;
- Analyze existing portfolio of properties to identify key trends and metrics;
- Occasional travel may be required.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- High proficiency with Argus Enterprise;
- Real estate financial analyst experience, preferably from an institutional owner or operator;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while promoting teamwork;
- Highly motivated, hands-on and a self-starter;
- Results-oriented and enjoy challenges;
- Ability to meet urgent deadlines and resolve outstanding issues;
- Must demonstrate confidence, but should not hesitate to ask questions and seek input to complete work.
- 3-5 years of real estate financial analysis experience, preferably with an institutional owner of office, retail and multi-family assets;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.