Longfellow Real Estate Partners acquires, develops and manages life science real estate for leading universities, institutions and companies. Our institutional capabilities and entrepreneurial vision enable us to deliver high quality projects while satisfying each tenant's unique requirements.
Longfellow is a collaborative and highly entrepreneurial organization. The firm has grown from a small start up to a 65+ person organization with over $2 billion in AUM. We pride ourselves on a shared work ethic and a focus on accomplishing collective objectives. Longfellow strives to develop deep and lasting relationships internally within our team and externally with our investors, clients and vendors through a shared vision and values.
Longfellow is experiencing considerable growth as we continue to expand our footprint beyond our existing operations in Boston and North Carolina. Longfellow is currently investing on behalf of Longfellow Strategic Value Fund, a $500 million perpetual-life vehicle. This fund is the first in a series with total commitments of $2 billion. With the fund we are actively expanding to the West Coast and with our existing operations. Currently we’re looking for a collaborative and entrepreneurial individual to join Longfellow. We envision considerable opportunity for advancement as our organization expands. We believe in developing talent and providing resources for health, wellness and quality of life.
Our clients are visionary institutions and companies pushing the boundaries of human knowledge. We approach our work in the same manner in order to serve them. We embrace the benefits of rapidly evolving technology and expect that our team will thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
We are seeking to hire an Asset Manager with a background in commercial real estate asset management. The ideal candidate must have strong work ethic, great attention to detail, and the highest level of integrity.
This is a dynamic role that will report to the Associate Director of Asset Management work directly with our asset management, project management and property management teams. The position provides exposure to a full spectrum of duties within a fast-growing real estate development and management firm. As such, the position demands a dedicated individual with leadership skills, facility with numbers, good people skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently and solve problems.
- Work directly with asset management team on various property, project and lease related activities;
- Develop annual business plans and budgets and ensure compliance with underwriting;
- Oversee execution of property level business plans;
- Attend weekly meetings with property and project management teams;
- Oversee property-level operations and implementation of property-level capital projects;
- Analyze lease deals, negotiate leases and ensure compliance with investor and lender requirements;
- Assist in the monthly construction draw process which includes the review of contractor and vendor invoices and compilation of project reports including monthly cash flow forecasts;
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual investor reporting;
- Review and approve property level invoices;
- Prepare investment memoranda to be presented to Investment Committee and investors for approval of any changes to business plan
- Some travel required
We are looking for a passionate team player with grit, high integrity and a honed attention to detail. In addition, we expect that your life outside of work is as important as your career and that you are driven to succeed in both.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in real estate;
- Undergraduate or advanced degree;
- Individual should possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with Argus Enterprise and real estate accounting systems (Yardi a plus);
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong organizational skills;
- Detail oriented with independent work ethic;
- Asset Management
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.