Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of accounting experience is required. Strong working knowledge of Excel & Word are required. Intermediate experience with financial and real estate accounting software such as OneSite and MRI is preferred.
Additionally the following are required:
- Ability to apply and convey generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong customer service, organizational and verbal skills.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task.
Essential Job Functions:
- Initiate and facilitate a positive working relationship with property management team.
- Communicate accounting and accrual policies to property managers and regional property managers for an assigned portfolio of 8-10 properties.
- Record un-posted cash transactions (distributions, mortgage payments, etc.).
- Complete vendor set ups for resident refunds into MRI within 24 hours of request.
- Perform detailed monthly reviews of property revenue and expenses and make corrections and adjustments as needed.
- Analyze trends, budgets and invoices to determine accuracy of accruals and expense classifications.
- Prepare proper adjustment and
- Communicate adjustment to VP-Controller and the appropriate property manager or regional property manager.
- Compile and enter routine monthly general ledger entries including import of accounts receivable date and entry of standard accruals/amortizations for taxes and insurance into general ledger system.
- Prepare income and expense accruals for the monthly financial for the assigned portfolio and submit preliminary financials for reviews by relevant parties within accounting calendar deadlines.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation for assigned portfolio.
- Update standard accounting schedules for assigned properties, including but not limited to detailed balance sheet reconciliations and fixed asset schedules.
- Maintain owner specific reconciliations and accounting reports for assigned portfolio as needed.
- Maintain strict adherence to all due dates and deadlines.
- Audit assigned portfolios, AR/AP and other accounting data and communicate any discrepancies to VP-Controller.
- Assist controller with audit tasks by providing explanations and/or supporting documents as requested for completed financials, accruals, expenses and/or revenue items.
- Provide support to other accountants and department as needed.
- Other tasks assigned by VP-Controller or SVP Accounting & Administration, not previously listed as essential job functions.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.