Summary: The Development Associate will work with the Regional Partner and others within the company to
support development and financing activities, including but not limited to performing market
analysis and due diligence, producing financing packages and internal investment summaries, and
working with consultants on project related tasks.
Experience: 2-5+ years of experience— Direct multifamily development experience is strongly preferred. Must
have either multifamily or development experience to apply. A bachelor’s degree is required. In
addition, proven experience in the following is required:
1. High level of attention to detail and accuracy with exceptional organizational skills.
2. Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
3. Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision with high degree of discretion and independent
5. Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced
Essential Job Functions:
1. Support the pre-development process which includes, but is not limited to, market and site analysis, zoning/
rezoning, underwriting potential deals and financing structures, relationship building/management with both
internal and external partners, etc.
2. Must perform multiple, fast-paced job functions highly independently, utilizing effective time management skills,
under limited or no supervision following minimal pre-established guidelines.
3. Analyze regional markets to identify opportunities, industry trends, etc.
4. Calculate financial feasibility of proposed developments including pro forma analysis, profitability analysis, and
internal rate of return analysis.
5. Develop and assist in preparing offers and presentations to sellers.
6. Assist in negotiating and finalizing new contracts for service and work with other departments to ensure smooth
7. Work with the Partner to develop “pipeline” relationships to foster future generation of site leads and company
reputation in the industry.
8. Maintain and organize current site lead lists, notes regarding the status and evaluation of the attractiveness or
immediacy of the site.
9. Develop, maintain, evaluate and improve pipeline tracking and site identification tools.
10. Investigate and provide summaries for municipality fees.
11. Develop and maintain positive relations with other departments within the company in order to promote
cohesiveness among various departments with varying goals.
12. Ability to make quick and effective decisions, evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
13. Exhibit strong proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
14. Ability to travel periodically to other markets in the region.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job