Cabot Properties has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Investments to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Investments while acting as a resource for other members of the Investment Team. The VP, Investments individual will have existing real estate transaction experience, and preferably experience with the industrial asset class. They might also have relevant market experience, from either a prior analyst role, or asset management role. The individual will likely be responsible as the Investment Officer for one or more target markets. They should have a thorough understanding of investment drivers and the ability to apply that knowledge strategically considering changing economic conditions and business initiatives. This person will be a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The person in this position must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy regarding all Cabot Properties, L.P., Cabot Partners Ltd, and Cabot Properties, Inc. information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use your market knowledge and experience to source and support investment opportunities on behalf of multiple Cabot investment vehicles, which may include Value Add Funds, Core Funds, and Separate Account Mandates.
- A contributor to the overall production for the Investment Team.
- Assist the Investment Team in formulating market-specific strategies in terms of implementation and execution.
- Responsible for sourcing new investment opportunities, and leading the transaction process from start to finish.
- Responsible for Investment Committee Memorandums, as well as other investment or market specific materials that might be used through the reporting process.
- Additional Asset Management Responsibilities as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with an excellent academic background
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- 4-6 years of real estate transaction experience, with strong analytical skills, and preferably a history with industrial or logistics specific investments.
- Experience with private funds and industrial or logistics real estate is preferred.
- Team player with a pro-active approach.
- Proficiency with Argus DCF or AE, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Ability to verify the accuracy of one’s own work.
- Ability to work with all members of the organization.
- Self-motivated, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality as required and appropriate.
Physical/Mental/Visual Demands and Work Environment:
- The job is conducted in an office work environment, sitting most of the time.
- Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer.
- Travel related to investment related activities as well as at least twice a year visits to the Boston office.
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cabot Properties provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability or genetics
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.