The Greater Reading Chamber Alliance (GRCA) is seeking applications and nominations for the position of President and Chief Executive Officer to lead the organization into a promising future. With a new mayor in Reading and a committed group of pro-business county commissioners in Berks County, GRCA is poised to play a significant role as a leader and a convener in the revitalization and modernization of Reading and Greater Berks County.
The Greater Reading Chamber Alliance serves the City of Reading, Berks County and the surrounding region in the southeastern portion of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The GRCA represents the alignment of the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Greater Reading Economic Partnership and the Greater Berks Development Fund. Community leaders are excited about this combined entity, formed to more effectively serve both large and small Berks County businesses and foster economic development, growth and business support through the combined management and coordination of activities, staff and resources of these three organizations.
For more information on the Greater Reading Chamber Alliance, visit our website.
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of GRCA reports to the Chair of an 18-member volunteer Board of Directors and works closely with the Board’s nine-member Executive Committee. The Board meets every other month; the Executive Committee also meets every other month, usually a week before the Board meeting. The GRCA Board consists of community volunteers. The CEO is an ex officio non-voting member of the Board. The Chamber, a 501(c)6, and the Development Fund, a 501(c)4, maintain separate governing Boards, which have overlap with the GCRA Board. The CEO will meet regularly with these Boards and provide leadership and direction to ensure alignment.
Each of the top staff executives of the Chamber and the Development Fund will report to the CEO and this executive will have management responsibility for the combined staff team of 20.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The next leader of GRCA will have a myriad of skills, but foremost among them are:
- Leadership and Collaboration: A demonstrated track record to guide, steward, and lead an organization.
- People Management, Financial, and Operational Abilities: The ability to work with and motivate a diverse group of professionals through empowerment, creative leadership, and team building
- Domain Knowledge: Experience in leading organization (with a preference for association expertise) and complimentary experience promoting community and economic development with evidence of success.
- Board and Organizational Development: Experience engaging and collaborating with a Board and associated subcommittee in shaping the vision for the future of an enterprise and keeping the Board informed of organizational strategic and operational metrics.
- Relationship and Stakeholder Management: Demonstrated experience in building, sustaining, and deepening relationships and partnerships with a diverse set of groups that include corporate, executives, educational and community partners, elected and appointed officials, Board members, volunteers, major donors, and others.
A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree in business, finance, law, public administration or related field is desirable.
The Greater Reading Chamber Alliance has retained the services of Diversified Search to assist in this search. Please submit a cover note and resume.
- General Management and C-Suite
- Governance / Board Director
This job is no longer active.