Essential Properties Realty Trust is looking for a Closer in the Investment. Essential Properties is a publicly-traded net-lease real estate company that primarily invests in single-tenant, operationally essential real estate assets operating across a wide variety of industries within the service, retail and industrial sectors throughout the United States. The position will work closely with management to assist with the closing and on boarding of new business opportunities and monitor existing investments. In addition, the Closer will also assist Asset Management with lease modifications and dispositions.
The Real Estate Paralegal position works closely with the SVP, Deal Manager, and Outside Counsel in the purchase and sale of properties, including reviewing agreements, title and survey matters, due diligence, research facts and law, closing transactions, assisting with leasing matters, and performing such other legal support functions to the Company and senior leadership as may arise.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Supports Acquisition, Disposition and Outside Counsel in connection with negotiation and preparation of contracts, effecting regulatory compliance, and providing legal services to internal stakeholders.
- Review real estate closing statement and assists in closing process.
- Review of Leases.
- Review Contacts and ensure deadlines are met during the closing process.
- Assisting with funding for purchases
- Conducts research; collects, analyzes, and organizes data and documents in support of legal functions; drafts related communications as required.
- Coordinates calendar requirements and facilitates third-party communications for Closing; responsible for maximizing supervisors’ time availability and facilitating work efficiencies.
- Supports Deal Manager in connection with management of outside counsel, consultants and brokers.
- Prepares and manages standard forms of agreement for review and execution by Management.
- Organizes and attends meetings as required.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining required physical storage of original company documents and records, including confidential communications.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining electronic database for transaction and corporate documents and records, including confidential communications.
- Review leases and work with third party servicer to onboard new acquisitions
- Assists with issuance and procurement of evidence of insurance with third parties; maintains and assures currency of related documents.
- Acts as the gatekeeper/initial point of contact for certain legal services (including insurance) for internal stakeholders.
- Assures confidentiality of privileged communications, work product and records; manages company confidentiality agreements and litigation hold requirements.
- Work on Ad-hoc related projects
- Employs knowledge of all aspects of the company’s business to effectively manage described responsibilities.
- Responsible for acquiring diligence reports, providing assistance to outside counsel concerning diligence issues, and similar issues, those should be added.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to review documents created by others.
- Ability to use and apply common sense and good judgment.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative/clerical organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and resolve conflicting work requirements.
- Flexibility and ability to react to immediate business needs.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Ability to travel for business needs.
- Works with discretion and tact in an environment with a high level of proprietary and confidential information.
- Calm demeanor under pressure.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years of experience in support of senior executive(s) in medium sized business.
- Paralegal certification preferred
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.