Midtown Equities is a privately held real estate investment and development company that serves as the investment platform for the Cayre Family. Headquartered in New York City, the firm maintains an exceptional collection of over 100 properties that encompass over 14 million square feet of retail, office, residential, industrial and hospitality assets. The firm actively acquires, develops and leases properties in New York, Washington DC, Miami, Chicago, and Los Angeles as well as abroad.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Acquisitions team by performing financial analysis, underwriting and due diligence for new investment opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build sophisticated financial models in Excel and ARGUS with detailed cash flow projections and investment return sensitivity analyses across various property types, including office, residential, hotel, industrial, and retail.
- Review and analyze financial statements, operating budgets, rent rolls, and capital expenditure budgets.
- Research and evaluate economic, demographic and detailed real estate market data.
- Gather and compile competitive property activity by tracking rents, sales, and operating costs.
- Conduct property site inspections and market tours (some travel may be required).
- Create memos and presentations for executive team, JV partners and institutional investors.
- Assist with due diligence review and closing process.
- Assist with arranging and closing debt financing.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of relevant real estate finance experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Economics, etc.
- Outstanding quantitative and financial analytical ability are a prerequisite including strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ARGUS.
- Strong knowledge and interest in commercial real estate, real estate development, and real estate capital markets.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and entrepreneurial team environment.
- Motivated self-starter that can work independently with minimal oversight.
- Conscientious with a keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Results-driven with ability to manage multiple priorities and schedules.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver with an ownership mentality.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Professional demeanor with ability to work with wide range of levels and management.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism, independent thought and innovation.
The position is available in our New York City office. Salary and bonus will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to submit a sample real estate financial model in Excel.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.