Franklin Templeton is a leading global investment management firm with over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world. We are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for talented and qualified individuals to join our real estate investment team.
Franklin Real Asset Advisors (FRAA) is a dedicated platform specializing in global real estate and infrastructure investments. Established in 1984, they manage a range of private equity real estate investments worldwide for institutional investors.
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Vice President of Private Real Estate to source and invest in direct real estate investment opportunities primarily in North America and secondarily in Asia.
The ideal candidate will have extensive real estate investment experience in sourcing, underwriting, and acquiring real estate assets across all property types, including multi-family, retail, office and industrial. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading and growing institutional investment team headquartered in New York City. The position will be located either in NYC or in San Mateo, CA.
What are the ongoing responsibilities?
- Source, analyze, negotiate, structure and execute on value-add real estate private investments and joint-venture opportunities
- Provide analysis and updates on real estate markets and sectors in North America
- Develop strong relationships with local operators
- Execute and manage business plans
- Assist and participate in major marketing initiatives for private equity real estate strategies
- Engage with existing and new institutional clients
- Present to and participate on FRAA’s Global Investment Committee
- Mentor junior investment professionals
- Proactively source and underwrite new investment opportunities and attractive real estate strategies
- Develop, execute and manage business plans for portfolios and assets
- Initiate and develop strong relationships with local operators
- Participation at industry events/conference calls
- Identification of investment trends and macro-economic conditions relative to private equity real estate investments
- Quickly and effectively review and assess deal flow and suitability for portfolio
- Supports efforts to distribute products by meeting with prospective clients, consultants and gatekeepers
- Provide timely and high-quality service to existing clients
- Coordinate and facilitate outreach with FT sales team to further FRAA visibility in the market
- Development and expansion of existing and potential client relationships
- Ability to execute new business
- Tenacity and follow up on new business
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 5+ years of direct real estate investment experience in all major real estate asset classes
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Private equity real estate experience is strongly preferred
- In depth experience primarily in North American and secondarily Asian real estate markets
- Strong network and deep industry relationships to tap and source new investment opportunities
- Comprehensive understanding of institutional investment standards
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate strategy and discuss broader market trends as it pertains to the real estate market
- Strong proficiency in investment analysis and research techniques
- Demonstrated capability for independent judgment is critical
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis
- Strong real estate industry relationships and sourcing skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize work
- Proven team player and demonstrated capability of mentoring junior staff
- Ability to travel - 30% travel expected
- Attention to detail to deliver top quality work
How do I apply?
Please apply online using the apply link below or visit our career site and search for "VP - Real Estate (Private Equity Direct Investment) - job code: 831140. This will enter your information in Franklin Templeton’s applicant tracking system which is checked on a regular basis by our global talent acquisition team.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of —the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
*Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, , and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years