BASIC FUNCTION: The Managing Director will direct and oversee the Residential Property Management Division, which is responsible for the management, operations, budget administration, maintenance, security, leasing, insurance, and resident relations. Managing Director will work in collaboration with Property Accounting, Asset Management, and Collections for all assigned portfolio assets.
The Managing Director will provide dynamic, energetic leadership to the department and maintain responsibility for department level planning and execution of innovative, strategic initiatives designed to improve overall departmental performance and grow managed asset base.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enlist, enlighten, energize and empower teams. Impart a shared vision, enhanced through developing a department mission, shared goals and providing associates with fulfilling career experiences. Provide leadership and direction to others in the department and company regarding technical aspects of property management. Develop and implement formalized training to achieve department objectives. Mentor associates with succession planning in mind.
- Execute business plans, evaluate financial performance and establish and implement appropriate policies & procedures. Develop best practices and efficiencies within the department. Ensure superior customer service, utilizing a proactive approach, for residents, owners and associates.
- Monitor other organizations to spot trends in innovation within the industry. Be on the forefront of identifying new solutions and approaches to marketing, technology and business opportunities within the division. Work collaboratively within the company to evaluate and implement new strategies and solutions with high potential impact.
- Act as the liaison between the team and other departments in the company especially Property Accounting, Construction and Asset Management to ensure streamlined communications. Find innovative solutions and collaborate with other departments to drive the division forward.
- Deliver appropriate level of profitability. Continually evaluate property performance, establish specific goals, devise strategies and tactics to be employed in the pursuit of the goals, and measure progress toward achieving the same.
- Capitalize on value creating opportunities by contributing to the development and implementation of other income producing strategies, including pursuing third party management opportunities for the division.
- Monitor and oversee the portfolios’ performance against budget, manage and monitor cash flow, prepare monthly and quarterly portfolio/performance reports.
- Maintain high occupancy for all assets in the portfolio. Minimize resident turnover and monitor satisfaction indicators.
- Recommend and assist in the development of long-term strategies for capital improvements. Lead collaborative efforts between the Property Management team, Construction and Asset Management to develop long term capital plans including recommendations for timing of such projects, oversight of projects and use of resources to fund projects.
- Monitor the collection status to develop strategies to minimize delinquencies.
- Develop strategies to minimize or prevent potential liability at the properties and ensure adequacy and completeness of coverage.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience, with at least 10 years in multifamily
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate strategic vision
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a team environment
- Innovative mindset
- Strong grasp of financial concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous paid time off
- Annual Reviews
- Positive Work Environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background check is required for this position.
- Property Management
More than 15 years
Apply for this job