Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
The Director of New York Brokerage will report to the COO and assist the President of Tri-State in the overall development and implementation of managed brokerage approach in New York Tri-State Offices, including Manhattan. In this newly created position, you will be responsible for running the brokerage unit and setting the strategy for the team through collaborating with other business lines in the New York region. This position will interface with brokers at all levels and lead the recruiting, training and mentoring for the unit.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide sales leadership for the brokers by establishing highly effective new business development efforts; conduct debriefings to review pipeline and business generation strategies; implement new annual business plans and time management strategies and tools; monitor deficits and provide guidance on navigating company resources
- Consult brokerage teams on team dynamics and targeted business generating strategies; organize the Monthly NY Broker Market meetings; identify, recruit, motivate and retain top producers in the New York market
- Oversee the pipeline function by ensuring that producers file pipeline when appropriate by gathering intelligence from market meetings, debriefings, and reviewing activity reports from Marketing, Consulting, Legal and Research; monitor revenue information
- Manage the New York Brokerage Single Point of Contact list and process through the use of various databases and direct inquiry to investigate the request for conflicts or other impediments
- Interface with Information Technology on systems development to champion the needs of management and brokers in support of managed brokerage
- Assist in creating and implementing various training progress for brokers and other staff; support the creation of special projects’ content
- Engage and gain the confidence of key Tri-State region and New York contributors including the top producers within the Brokerage division
- Establish a monthly pipeline schedule and quarterly forecasting schedule
- Implement a well-attended professional development program for the NY mid-level and junior sales professionals
- Create a canvassing program with measurable results
- Manage out the underperforming sales professionals
- High school diploma or Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Worked for fortune 100-1000 firms with highly complex divisions and matrix structures
- Managed regional, national, and global sales efforts
- Spearheaded the creation and management of national inside sales, that generate revenue across multiple product and service divisions
- P&L management, strategic sales planning, service/sales/product synergy and collaboration
- Spearheaded the creation and management of national and global sales teams
- Implement training and nurturing sales procedures. Generated proven revenue, and ROI
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to represent a global organization to the public, industry leaders, governmental agencies, and social organizations
- Industry-leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.