NorthMarq is seeking an Investment Analyst to support the Production office in the Richmond, VA office.
We provide capital solutions for owners of commercial real estate, with more than 37 regional offices coast-to-coast. NorthMarq is one of the largest commercial real estate mortgage banking firms worldwide. We continually establish new standards of excellence in serving a nationwide client base while focusing on the importance of relationships and service.
**Inquiries about this position, please contact Maria Sather (in Human Resources) at NorthMarq Capital.
**All Candidates interested must apply online to be considered.
- Underwriting – Prepares underwriting of commercial real estate properties based on historical financial statements, projections, and market standards to determine a projected income, value and loan amount.
- Packaging - Prepares investment reports in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include analysis of the borrower, property, underwriting, valuation, location, market, leases/rent roll, photographs, aerials, maps, etc.
- Market Research – Gathers site, neighborhood, and city data including demographics, sales and rent comparables, absorption surveys and occupancy studies.
- Closing – Provides loan closing coordination including collecting due diligence items, ordering third party reports, coordinating with all parties including borrowers, lenders and legal counsels, and acting as liaison with the servicing department.
- Organization – Responsible for providing support to the Richmond, VA office through underwriting, loan request/investment report packaging, due diligence, closing, servicing and various support functions.
- Planning – Plans and schedules own workload to best utilize time and most efficiently provide commercial real estate research, analysis, packaging, and loan closing services.
- Servicing – Performs regional office servicing functions including annual inspections, investor portfolio analysis, lease reviews/briefs, and normal routine regional office servicing duties through local market knowledge.
- Customer Service – Responsible for providing investors and borrowers with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Office Administration – Performs office administration including support for all office functions as needed including marketing initiatives.
- Commercial Real Estate Finance experience preferred. Appraisal/valuation background also considered.
- Four-year college degree required. Major in real estate, finance, accounting, or business area preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to calculate NOI, DSC, LTV, LTC, etc.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills, including in-depth expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) graphic software, and knowledge of ARGUS software a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under-pressure.
- Customer service oriented.
Demonstrated Interpersonal and Professional Competencies to include:
- Ability to motivate others and provide positive direction when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.