AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for the right candidate to join our Development Team in New York, NY.
We are currently searching to for a Senior Development Manager based at our New York, NY regional office. The position is responsible for managing all phases of the development of multi-family rental communities. This includes market analyses, financial analyses, site selection and budgeting, design, management of the entitlement process including presentation before municipal and other regulatory boards, and participation in the construction/lease up process. This role will work on projects throughout the New York/New Jersey area.
Qualified candidates must possess a Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate and 3-5 years experience in the real estate development process. Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in a in multi-family product and knowledge of the NY/NJ area is a plus.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization including destination awards, AvalonBay s Very Best recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
2+ to 5 years