- Responsible for the investment performance of a portfolio of assets in multiple east coast markets. Primary responsibility is to maximize total return for all assigned assets through the implementation of strategic business plans and the oversight of property level teams (property management, leasing representatives and other third-party professionals).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop accurate operating plans for each asset including strategic marketing plans, operating budgets, capital improvement plans and hold sell analysis.
- Review and maintain accurate monthly and quarterly operating reports for institutional and fund investors.
- Initiate and support the acquisition process for target properties, the respective markets and the related acquisition underwriting; determine asset strategy; and assist in due diligence and Investment Committee presentations.
- Negotiate new leases and renewals and approve all lease documents.
- Inspect properties and direct competition on a regular basis. Monitor local market conditions, anticipate trends and reposition the properties accordingly through the hold period.
- Regularly update property Argus 10-year DCF and review third party appraisals.
- Position and recommend selected properties for disposition. Review marketing materials and coordinate with investment brokers.
- Provides leadership, training, guidance and support to Asset Management Associate Director assigned to specific properties.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university plus five or more years of related experience in similar role or equivalent combination of education and experience in Asset Management. Experience with a national real estate investment, development or commercial property management firm is preferred.
This job requires individual to have working knowledge with various computer systems including: Argus, Yardi and advanced working knowledge of: Microsoft Office including strong Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
- Solid Real Estate Asset / Portfolio management experience and working knowledge.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties of the Asset Management Professional.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements, perform cost benefit analysis, Argus and Excel models.
- Ability to communicate in writing the findings of any analysis in either internal memorandum, letter or report format.
Job description is not all inclusive and subject to change without prior notification.
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.